DigitalCorpora.org is a website of digital corpora for use in computer forensics education research. All of the disk images, memory dumps, and network packet captures available on this website are freely available and may be used without prior authorization or IRB approval. We also have available a research corpus of real data acquired from around the world. Use of that dataset is possible under special arrangement.
From here you can view the available data:
Many of the corpora are distributed in RAW, EnCase E01, and Advanced Forensic Format (AFF) formats. We also make available a Digital Forensics XML file for many of the disk images that describes the files contained within each volume. You can download tools for working with AFF and XFXML files from our companion website, http://www.forensicswiki.org/wiki/AFF.
Publications describing these corpora and our related research can be found on our publications page.
- Collection of Hash Values of Forensically Uninteresting Files Available2014-07-30 11:01:18
- "non-deterministic" USB image contributed2014-05-27 12:10:43
- Announcing New File Type Sample Files2014-02-05 15:45:01
- Announcement: hashdb toolset2013-10-24 12:56:02
- Malware Scan of Govdocs1 now available2013-08-15 06:25:05